7 Day Soup Diet Recipe
Soup diets can be outlandish in what they ask you to consume, yet they are some of the most popular programs would be dieters like to follow. I am sure at some point you or somebody you know has tried the old fashioned cabbage soup diet that asks you to eat nothing but, well, cabbage soup for 7 days. However with that crazy diet getting old many people are turning to new soup diets that offer more nutrition and less crazy lose weight fast schemes.
Soup diets can have there pros and cons like any diet. A major Pro is that soup tastes good can be loaded with lean meats and vegetables, and can actually provide you with a pretty well rounded meal if you are eating the right types of soups. A major con is that soup is often well over loaded with sodium and that can be quite the health risk if you are eating nothing but soup for the week.
Below is a popular 7 Day soup diet recipe that I found from RecipeZaar.com which in my opinion does a very good job of combining high valued foods to makes soups that will satisfy you and help you lose weight.
- 3 cups crushed plum tomatoes
- 2 1/2 cups pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup tomato paste (1 small can)
- 6 green onions
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 bunch celery & tops
- 2 cups fresh green beans
- 2 green bell peppers
- 2 lbs carrots
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a very large stock pot, combine tomatoes, pasta sauce, tomato paste and beef broth.
- Over med/high heat, bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- Wash and rough chop carrots, celery (including tops), and green peppers into 1 inch cubes.
- Wash, trim and cut green beans into 1 inch lengths.
- Chop green onion into 1/4 inch lengths.
- Add all vegetables to simmering pot.
- Stir to combine.
- Add chili powder, cayenne, mustard, salt, black pepper and paprika to soup mixture.
10. Stir and simmer on low for 60 – 90 minutes.
Before you begin this 7 day diet or any diet for that matter you should consult your family doctor to understand the health risks and benefits involved in completing a diet. The 7 Day soup diet like all diets has its pros and cons and if done in an inappropriate way can contribute to serious health risks.